Fruity Pineapple Sherbet
This fruity sherbet is especially refreshing, according to subscriber Martha Sue Stroud of Clarksville, Texas. "I fix it all summer long," she describes. "It's our favorite way to finish off a backyard barbecue."Martha Sue Stroud, Clarksville, Texas
16 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + freezing Cook: 20 min. + cooling
- 2 quarts milk
- 3 cups sugar, divided
- 3 tablespoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- In a saucepan, combine milk and 1 cup sugar; bring to a boil over
- medium heat, stirring constantly. Combine flour and remaining sugar;
- stir into milk mixture. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; boil
- 15 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Remove from the heat; cool. Add pineapple and lemon juice; mix well.
- Freeze in an ice cream freezer according to manufacturer's
- directions. Yield: about 2 quarts.