Fruity Peanut Butter Pitas Recipe
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/8 teaspoon each ground allspice, cinnamon and nutmeg
- 2 whole wheat pita pocket halves
- 1/2 medium apple, thinly sliced
- 1/2 medium firm banana, sliced
- 1. In a small bowl, blend the peanut butter, allspice, cinnamon and nutmeg. Spread inside pita bread halves; fill with apple and banana slices. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 324 calories, 17g fat (4g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 320mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 6g fiber), 12g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 fruit, 3 fat