Fruity Peanut Butter Pitas Recipe
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/8 teaspoon each ground allspice, cinnamon and nutmeg
- 2 whole wheat pita pocket halves
- 1/2 medium apple, thinly sliced
- 1/2 medium firm banana, sliced
- 1. In a small bowl, blend the peanut butter, allspice, cinnamon and nutmeg. Spread inside pita bread halves; fill with apple and banana slices. Yield: 2 servings.
1 filled pita half equals 324 calories, 17 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 320 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 12 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 fat, 1 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 fruit.