Fruity Peanut Butter Pitas
“My kids ask for these pita sandwiches all the time,” notes Kim Holmes of Emerald Park, Saskatchewan. “They haven’t noticed that as good as they taste, they’re also good for them, too.”
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 5 min.
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/8 teaspoon each ground allspice, cinnamon and nutmeg
- 2 whole wheat pita pocket halves
- 1/2 medium apple, thinly sliced
- 1/2 medium firm banana, sliced
- In a small bowl, blend the peanut butter, allspice, cinnamon and
- nutmeg. Spread inside pita bread halves; fill with apple and banana
- slices. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 filled pita half equals 324 calories, 17 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 320 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 12 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 fat, 1 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 fruit.