“My kids ask for these pita sandwiches all the time,” notes Kim Holmes of Emerald Park, Saskatchewan. “They haven’t noticed that as good as they taste, they’re also good for them, too.”
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/8 teaspoon each ground allspice, cinnamon and nutmeg
- 2 whole wheat pita pocket halves
- 1/2 medium apple, thinly sliced
- 1/2 medium firm banana, sliced
- In a small bowl, blend the peanut butter, allspice, cinnamon and nutmeg. Spread inside pita bread halves; fill with apple and banana slices. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Fruity Peanut Butter Pitas in Simple & Delicious September/October 2006, p26
Reviews for Fruity Peanut Butter Pitas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review