Fruity Pastel Cookies Recipe
Conna Duff from Lexington, Virginia shares her variation on spritz cookies. "Lime Jell-O tints the dough and gives these wreaths a hint of fruity flavor," she says. "Try other flavors and shapes, too."
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 package (3 ounces) lime gelatin or flavor of your choice
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Red and green colored sugar and/or sprinkles
- 1. In a large bowl, cream the butter, sugar and gelatin powder until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine flour and baking powder; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- 2. Using a cookie press fitted with the disk of your choice, press dough 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
- 3. Decorate as desired with colored sugar and/or sprinkles. Bake at 400° for 6-8 minutes or until set (do not brown). Remove to a wire rack to cool. Yield: 6 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 77 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 51 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
Reviews for Fruity Pastel Cookies
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC