Fruity Pastel Cookies
Conna Duff from Lexington, Virginia shares her variation on spritz cookies. "Lime Jell-O tints the dough and gives these wreaths a hint of fruity flavor," she says. "Try other flavors and shapes, too."
36 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 package (3 ounces) lime gelatin or flavor of your choice
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Red and green colored sugar and/or sprinkles
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, sugar and gelatin powder until
- light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine flour and baking
- powder; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Using a cookie press fitted with the disk of your choice, press dough
- 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Decorate as desired with colored sugar and/or sprinkles. Bake at
- 400° for 6-8 minutes or until set (do not brown). Remove to a
- wire rack to cool. Yield: 6 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 77 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 51 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.