Conna Duff from Lexington, Virginia shares her variation on spritz cookies. "Lime Jell-O tints the dough and gives these wreaths a hint of fruity flavor," she says. "Try other flavors and shapes, too."
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 package (3 ounces) lime gelatin or flavor of your choice
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Red and green colored sugar and/or sprinkles
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, sugar and gelatin powder until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine flour and baking powder; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Using a cookie press fitted with the disk of your choice, press dough 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Decorate as desired with colored sugar and/or sprinkles. Bake at 400° for 6-8 minutes or until set (do not brown). Remove to a wire rack to cool. Yield: 6 dozen.
Originally published as Fruity Pastel Cookies in Taste of Home December/January 2003, p8
Reviews for Fruity Pastel Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review