Fruity Pasta Salad Recipe
Pasta salad takes on a whole new taste with fruit, marshmallows and cream. Folks will find it hard to turn down a hearty helping of this old-fashioned salad.
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 6 to 7 cups cooked cooled spiral pasta
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 2 medium apples, diced
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup halved seedless green grapes
- 1/4 cup maraschino cherries
- 1. Drain pineapple, reserving 3 tablespoons juice in a saucepan. Set pineapple aside. To juice, add eggs, lemon juice, sugar, butter and salt; cook and stir over medium heat for 3-4 minutes or until thickened. Cool to room temperature. Fold in whipped cream.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine pasta, oranges, apples, marshmallows, grapes and pineapple. Fold in dressing. Chill. Garnish with cherries. Yield: 12-14 servings.
1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 266 calories, 10 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 62 mg cholesterol, 76 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Fruity Pasta Salad
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC