Fruity Orange Gelatin
Pineapple and oranges add sweet fruit flavor to this attractive salad from Esther Miller of Holmesville, Ohio. "The addition of sherbet makes this gelatin especially refreshing," she adds. "It's quick to prepare ahead of time and keep in the refrigerator until serving."
10-12 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 package (6 ounces) orange gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 cups orange sherbet
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- In a bowl, dissolve gelatin in water. stir in sherbet until melted.
- stir in pineapple and oranges. Pour into a 2-qt. serving bowl. Chill
- until firm. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Nutritional Facts:Nutritional Analysis: One 1/2-cup serving (prepared with sugar-free gelatin) equals 77 calories, 17 mg sodium, 2 mg cholesterol, 18 gm carbohydrate, 1 gm protein, 1 gm fat. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit.