"I never liked oatmeal until my mom found this wonderful combination of uncooked oats and fresh fruit," shares teenager Sarah Hunt of Everett, Washington. "Now I often make it myself for breakfast or an after-school snack."
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 5 min.
- 1/3 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 teaspoon oat bran
- 1/3 cup chopped tart apple
- 1 medium firm banana, diced
- 1/4 cup halved seedless grapes
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 1 tablespoon sliced almonds
- Milk or yogurt, optional
- In a large bowl, toss the first seven ingredients; divide between two
- small bowls. Serve with milk or yogurt if desired. Yield: 2
Nutritional Facts: One 1/2-cup serving (calculated without milk and yogurt) equals 182 calories, 4 g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 5 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fruit, 1 starch, 1/2 fat.