"I never liked oatmeal until my mom found this wonderful combination of uncooked oats and fresh fruit," shares teenager Sarah Hunt of Everett, Washington. "Now I often make it myself for breakfast or an after-school snack."
- 1/3 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 teaspoon oat bran
- 1/3 cup chopped tart apple
- 1 medium firm banana, diced
- 1/4 cup halved seedless grapes
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 1 tablespoon sliced almonds
- Milk or yogurt, optional
- In a large bowl, toss the first seven ingredients; divide between two small bowls. Serve with milk or yogurt if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Fruity Oatmeal in Quick Cooking January/February 1999, p40
Reviews for Fruity Oatmeal
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 11, 2011
"I put pears instead of apples and I didn't use bananas because we didn't have any but it still tasted superb! Very sweet!"