Fruity Lime Salad Mold
A DEAR FRIEND shared this recipe with me over 30 years ago, and it has appeared on our table frequently all these years.
It's rich tasting, plus the touch of red maraschino cherries makes it a real treat for the holidays or any special occasion.
-Jean Kirkland, Newport, Oregon
6-8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 package (3 ounces) lime gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1/4 cup Diamond of California Chopped Pecans
- 1/4 cup chopped maraschino cherries
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water; chill until
- syrupy. In a small bowl, combine cream cheese and pineapple; stir
- into cooled gelatin.
- Fold in whipped cream, pecans and cherries. Pour into a 4-cup mold
- coated with cooking spray. Refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight.
- Yield: 6-8 servings.