Fruity Lime Salad Mold Recipe
A DEAR FRIEND shared this recipe with me over 30 years ago, and it has appeared on our table frequently all these years. It's rich tasting, plus the touch of red maraschino cherries makes it a real treat for the holidays or any special occasion. -Jean Kirkland, Newport, Oregon
- 1 package (3 ounces) lime gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup chopped maraschino cherries
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water; chill until syrupy. In a small bowl, combine cream cheese and pineapple; stir into cooled gelatin.
- 2. Fold in whipped cream, pecans and cherries. Pour into a 4-cup mold coated with cooking spray. Refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight. Yield: 6-8 servings.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC