A DEAR FRIEND shared this recipe with me over 30 years ago, and it has appeared on our table frequently all these years. It's rich tasting, plus the touch of red maraschino cherries makes it a real treat for the holidays or any special occasion. -Jean Kirkland, Newport, Oregon
- 1 package (3 ounces) lime gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup chopped maraschino cherries
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water; chill until syrupy. In a small bowl, combine cream cheese and pineapple; stir into cooled gelatin.
- Fold in whipped cream, pecans and cherries. Pour into a 4-cup mold coated with cooking spray. Refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Fruity Lime Salad Mold in Reminisce November/December 1999, p45
Reviews for Fruity Lime Salad Mold
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review