Fruity Hazelnut Trifle Recipe
"Here's a fast and festive treat to present during the holiday season," pens Margaret Wilson of Hemet, California. "With a little help from canned pie filling, cranberry sauce and a frozen pound cake, it couldn't be easier."
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 15 min. YIELD:12-14 servings
- 1-1/2 cups cold milk
- 2 tablespoons refrigerated hazelnut nondairy creamer
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 can (21 ounces) apple pie filling
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1 loaf (10-3/4 ounces) frozen pound cake, thawed and cubed
- 2 cups whipped topping
- 1. In a large bowl, whisk milk, creamer and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. In another bowl, combine pie filling and cranberry sauce.
- 2. Place a third of the cake cubes in a 3-qt. trifle bowl; layer with a fourth of the cranberry mixture and a third of the pudding mixture. Repeat layers twice.
- 3. Top with remaining cranberry mixture. Garnish with whipped topping. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 12-14.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 247 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 215 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC