Fruity Ham Sandwiches Recipe
Phyllis Schmalz of Kansas City gives ordinary ham salad a lift with fruit flavors and cinnamon bread. "It makes a great lunch, paired with fries or chips," says Phyllis.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 20 min. YIELD:2 servings
- 3/4 cup cubed deli ham
- 1/3 cup chopped apple
- 1/3 cup drained crushed pineapple
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 4 slices cinnamon-raisin bread, toasted
- 4 thin apple slices
- 2 slices Muenster cheese (3/4 ounce each)
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. On two slices of toast, layer the ham mixture, apple and cheese. Top with remaining slices of toast. Yield: 2 servings.
1 sandwich (prepared with reduced-fat mayonnaise) equals 431 calories, 18 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 55 mg cholesterol, 1,087 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 20 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC