Fruity Green Salad
My family enjoys this fast and refreshing salad. It's jazzed up with a beautiful blend of red apple, pear, dried cranberries, toasted pecans and Swiss cheese. No matter when I serve it, the light dressing and fruity flavor remind me of springtime.
-Helen Petisi, Palm Coast, Florida
16 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons chopped green onions
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 8 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1 medium red apple, chopped
- 1 medium pear, chopped
- 1 cup Diamond of California Chopped Pecans, toasted
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the first six ingredients;
- shake well. In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients.
- Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 16
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 193 calories, 16 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 135 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.