I'm a beekeeper and always looking for new ways to use honey. I've found that when I put honey in dressing, I don't need to add oil, which cuts down on the fat. This salad goes well with any entree. —Hope Ralph of Woburn, Massachusetts
- 6 cups torn mixed salad greens or 1 package (10 ounces) fresh spinach, torn
- 2 medium ripe pears, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup dried cherries or cranberries
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey, warmed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a salad bowl, toss the greens, pears and cherries. In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, honey, salt and pepper. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Fruity Green Salad in Light & Tasty August/September 2003, p31
Reviews for Fruity Green Salad with Honey Dressing
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review