“I'm a beekeeper, so I'm always looking for ways to use honey,” writes Hope Ralph of Woburn, Massachusetts. You'll love how its sweet flavor combines with the zippy balsamic vinegar.
- 3 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1 medium pear, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons dried cherries or cranberries
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey, warmed
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- In a salad bowl, toss the greens, pear and cherries. In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, honey, salt and pepper. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Fruity Green Salad in Cooking for 2 Spring 2009, p55
Reviews for Fruity Green Salad for 2
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review