Fruity Greek Salad Recipe
- 12 cups torn romaine
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup canned unsweetened peach slices, cut into thirds
- 10 pitted whole ripe olives
- 3 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a large salad bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, vinegar, sugar and seasonings; shake well. Drizzle over salad; toss to coat. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving (1-1/4 cups) equals 94 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 178 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable.