Fruity Gelatin Salad Recipe
- 2 packages (6 ounces each) cherry gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen sweetened sliced strawberries
- 2 cans (20 ounces each) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1. In two large bowls, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in strawberries until berries are separated. Stir in the pineapple and cranberry sauce until blended. Transfer to two 13-in. x 9-in. dishes. Refrigerate until firm. Yield: 36-40 servings.
1 each: 47 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 12mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (10g sugars, trace fiber), trace protein
Reviews for Fruity Gelatin Salad
"This is a good salad! I halved the recipe for a smaller group buffet and doubt the whole recipe would serve 36-40 unless the servings were very small. It is tart and tasty and it got rave reviews. The cherry flavor is delicious."
"Love, love, love this recipe! I cut the recipe in half. (Make sure to use the correct size --big box--of gelatin.) I don't need to feed 36-40! Very easy. Flexible in the flavor of gelatin you can use. Anything red."