Fruity Gelatin Salad
For a refreshing addition to a potluck or other gathering, Pat Whitten of St. Albans, West Virginia jazzes up gelatin with crushed pineapple, bananas and strawberries. "This salad can be made quickly and is a favorite of my friends," she notes.
9 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 package (6 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 packages (12 ounces each) frozen unsweetened strawberries, thawed
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) unsweetened crushed pineapple, undrained
- 3 medium firm bananas, mashed
- In a bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in strawberries,
- pineapple and bananas; mix well. Transfer to a 2-qt. serving bowl.
- Refrigerate until firm. Yield: 9 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One 3/4-cup serving (prepared with sugar-free gelatin and unsweetened strawberries) equals 82 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 55 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit.