Fruity French Toast
"My son begged me to try making the stuffed French toast we enjoyed when our family visited Walt Disney World," writes Nancy Hawthorne, Gettysburg, Pennsylvania. "His encouragement resulted in this easy delicious breakfast that's a favorite on Saturday morning."
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 medium firm banana, sliced
- 4 slices Texas toast
- 2 teaspoons confectioners' sugar, divided
- 2 large strawberries, sliced
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons butter
- Maple syrup
- Place banana slices on two slices of toast. Sprinkle each with 1/2
- teaspoon confectioners' sugar. Top with strawberries and remaining
- toast. In a shallow bowl, whisk the egg, milk, vanilla and cinnamon.
- Dip toast in egg mixture, coating both sides.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat; cook toast for 2-4
- minutes on each side or until golden brown. Sprinkle with remaining
- confectioners' sugar. Serve with maple syrup. Yield: 2 servings.