- 1 medium firm banana, sliced
- 4 slices Texas toast
- 2 teaspoons confectioners' sugar, divided
- 2 large strawberries, sliced
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons butter
- Maple syrup
- Place banana slices on two slices of toast. Sprinkle each with 1/2 teaspoon confectioners' sugar. Top with strawberries and remaining toast. In a shallow bowl, whisk the egg, milk, vanilla and cinnamon. Dip toast in egg mixture, coating both sides.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat; cook toast for 2-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Sprinkle with remaining confectioners' sugar. Serve with maple syrup. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Fruity French Toast
"I finally got around to trying these, and will make again. DELISH! I agree with s_pants, a few pieces of banana, strawberry fell out, but no problem sticking them back in, and I was able to flip them over just fine."
"As with the previous reviewer, the bananas and strawberries did fall out while turning, but I just stuck them back in...it was only one or two each time. I normally don't like bananas in sweet items, but I thought these were very good. My husband wants me to try it on regular bread."
"I recommend just making the french toast first and then putting the strawberries and bananas aftweward. It was too difficult to flip, the berries and banana slices kept sliding out."