"My son begged me to try making the stuffed French toast we enjoyed when our family visited Walt Disney World," writes Nancy Hawthorne, Gettysburg, Pennsylvania. "His encouragement resulted in this easy delicious breakfast that's a favorite on Saturday morning."
- 1 medium firm banana, sliced
- 4 slices Texas toast
- 2 teaspoons confectioners' sugar, divided
- 2 large strawberries, sliced
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons butter
- Maple syrup
- Place banana slices on two slices of toast. Sprinkle each with 1/2 teaspoon confectioners' sugar. Top with strawberries and remaining toast. In a shallow bowl, whisk the egg, milk, vanilla and cinnamon. Dip toast in egg mixture, coating both sides.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat; cook toast for 2-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Sprinkle with remaining confectioners' sugar. Serve with maple syrup. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Fruity French Toast in Taste of Home August/September 2004, p13
Reviews for Fruity French Toast
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review