Fruity French Toast Sandwiches Recipe
- 4 fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1/2 medium firm banana, sliced
- 4 slices French bread (3/4 inch thick)
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a bowl, combine strawberry and banana slices. Place 1/4 cup on two slices of bread, arranging fruit in a single layer; top with remaining bread. Set remaining fruit aside.
- 2. In a shallow bowl, beat the egg, cream, cinnamon and vanilla. Dip both sides of sandwiches into egg mixture. Heat oil on a griddle; cook French toast for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar. Serve with reserved fruit. Yield: 2 servings.
1 sandwich equals 218 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 114 mg cholesterol, 253 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 7 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fruit, 1 fat, 1/2 lean meat.
Reviews for Fruity French Toast Sandwiches
"I have been looking for this recipe for some time now and am glad I finally found it. My niece is the submitter of this recipe and she made this for my mother and me years ago. It was scrumptious. Now I can make it for myself."