Fruity French Toast Sandwiches Recipe
From Granbury, Texas, Jessica Walston promises that these pretty little breakfast sandwiches are “quick, easy and taste like they came straight from a French kitchen.” TIP: THIS RECIPE IS A GREAT WAY TO USE UP LEFTOVER FRENCH BREAD AND IS EASILY DOUBLED FOR GUESTS.
- 4 fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1/2 medium firm banana, sliced
- 4 slices French bread (3/4 inch thick)
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon confectioners' sugar
- In a bowl, combine strawberry and banana slices. Place 1/4 cup on two slices of bread, arranging fruit in a single layer; top with remaining bread. Set remaining fruit aside.
- In a shallow bowl, beat the egg, cream, cinnamon and vanilla. Dip both sides of sandwiches into egg mixture. Heat oil on a griddle; cook French toast for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar. Serve with reserved fruit. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Fruity French Toast Sandwiches in Cooking for 2 Fall 2006, p22
Reviews for Fruity French Toast Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed May. 7, 2014
I have been looking for this recipe for some time now and am glad I finally found it. My niece is the submitter of this recipe and she made this for my mother and me years ago. It was scrumptious. Now I can make it for myself.