Fruity Dip Recipe
- 1 large grapefruit
- 1/4 cup 100% apricot fruit spread
- 1/4 cup reduced-sugar orange marmalade
- 1/4 to 3/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups (16 ounces) lemon yogurt
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted, divided
- Assorted fresh fruit
- 1. Cut grapefruit in half. With a sharp knife, slice between membrane of each section and the peel. Remove sections and chop; discard juice. Remove membranes from grapefruit shells. Refrigerate shells until serving.
- 2. In a bowl, combine the fruit spread, marmalade, almond extract and chopped grapefruit. Stir in yogurt. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- 3. Set aside 1 tablespoon almonds. Chop remaining almonds. Just before serving, stir chopped almonds into dip. Spoon into reserved grapefruit shells. Sprinkle with sliced almonds. Serve with fruit. Yield: 2-3/4 cups.
One serving (1/4 cup, calculated without fruit) equals 114 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 27 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 fat-free milk, 1/2 fruit, 1/2 fat.