Fruity Dip Recipe
"Your guests are sure to have fun guessing what's in this dip-it has such a variety of flavors," say Phyllis Shaughnessy of Livonia, New York. "In addition to fruit, you can serve it with fresh veggies or herbed crackers."
- 1 large grapefruit
- 1/4 cup 100% apricot fruit spread
- 1/4 cup reduced-sugar orange marmalade
- 1/4 to 3/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups (16 ounces) lemon yogurt
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted, divided
- Assorted fresh fruit
- 1. Cut grapefruit in half. With a sharp knife, slice between membrane of each section and the peel. Remove sections and chop; discard juice. Remove membranes from grapefruit shells. Refrigerate shells until serving.
- 2. In a bowl, combine the fruit spread, marmalade, almond extract and chopped grapefruit. Stir in yogurt. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- 3. Set aside 1 tablespoon almonds. Chop remaining almonds. Just before serving, stir chopped almonds into dip. Spoon into reserved grapefruit shells. Sprinkle with sliced almonds. Serve with fruit. Yield: 2-3/4 cups.
1/4 cup: 114 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 27mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 0 fruit, 0 fat-free milk, 0 fat.
Reviews for Fruity Dip
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC