Fruity Dip Recipe
"Your guests are sure to have fun guessing what's in this dip-it has such a variety of flavors," say Phyllis Shaughnessy of Livonia, New York. "In addition to fruit, you can serve it with fresh veggies or herbed crackers."
- 1 large grapefruit
- 1/4 cup 100% apricot fruit spread
- 1/4 cup reduced-sugar orange marmalade
- 1/4 to 3/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups (16 ounces) lemon yogurt
- 1/2 cup Diamond of California Sliced Almonds, toasted, divided
- Assorted fresh fruit
- Cut grapefruit in half. With a sharp knife, slice between membrane of each section and the peel. Remove sections and chop; discard juice. Remove membranes from grapefruit shells. Refrigerate shells until serving.
- In a bowl, combine the fruit spread, marmalade, almond extract and chopped grapefruit. Stir in yogurt. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Set aside 1 tablespoon almonds. Chop remaining almonds. Just before serving, stir chopped almonds into dip. Spoon into reserved grapefruit shells. Sprinkle with sliced almonds. Serve with fruit. Yield: 2-3/4 cups.
Originally published as Fruity Dip in Light & Tasty June/July 2004, p20
Reviews for Fruity Dip(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Almond Recipes >
- Appetizers >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Diabetic Appetizers >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dip Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Fruit Appetizers >
- Healthy Appetizers >
- Healthy Cooking Appetizers >
- Healthy Finger Foods >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Sodium Appetizers >