Fruity Dessert Tacos Recipe
Here's a dessert you can feel good about eating! Fresh fruit and zippy jalapeno make a tasty filling for sweetened tortillas. Fruit-flavored yogurt or honey can be drizzled over the tortillas if desired. —Diane Halferty, Corpus Christi, Texas
- 3 teaspoons sugar, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup cubed fresh pineapple
- 1/2 cup sliced peeled kiwifruit
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 teaspoon chopped seeded jalapeno pepper, optional
- 2 whole wheat tortillas (8 inches), room temperature
- Butter-flavored cooking spray
- 1. Mix 2 teaspoons sugar and cinnamon. In another bowl, toss fruit with remaining sugar and, if desired, jalapeno.
- 2. Coat both sides of tortillas with cooking spray. In a large skillet, cook tortillas until golden brown, 45-60 seconds per side.
- 3. Remove from pan and dust immediately with sugar mixture. Top with fruit mixture; fold to serve. Yield: 2 servings.
1 taco: 227 calories, 4g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 172mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 5g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Fruity Dessert Tacos
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC