Fruity Dessert Tacos Recipe
Here's a dessert you can feel good about eating! Fresh fruit and zippy jalapeno make a tasty filling for sweetened tortillas. “Fruit-flavored yogurt or honey can be drizzled over the tortillas if desired,” writes Diane Halferty of Corpus Christi, Texas.
- 1/2 cup cubed fresh pineapple
- 1/2 cup sliced peeled kiwifruit
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 3 teaspoons sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon chopped seeded jalapeno pepper, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 whole wheat tortilla (8 inches), room temperature
- Butter-flavored cooking spray
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the pineapple, kiwifruit, strawberries, 1 teaspoon sugar and jalapeno if desired. Combine cinnamon and remaining sugar; set aside.
- 2. Spray both sides of each tortilla with cooking spray. In a nonstick skillet, heat tortillas for 45-60 seconds on each side or until golden brown. Sprinkle both sides with cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- 3. Place half of fruit mixture on each tortilla; fold in half. Yield: 2 servings.
1 taco equals 227 calories, 4 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 172 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC