Fruity Cream Cheese Filling
This simple recipe is combined with sweet dough to make a pastry I am proud to serve to company.Jenny Reece, Lowry, Minnesota
12-14 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 5 min.
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup strawberry jam or preserves of your choice
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, butter and lemon juice
- until smooth. Use for Braided Coffee Cake or Coffee Cake Ring. Refer
- to each coffee cake recipe for directions on adding jam. Yield:
- about 3/4 cup.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 57 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 26 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.