Fruity Cranberry Relish Recipe
- 2-1/2 cups cranberries
- 1 medium navel orange, peeled and sectioned
- 2 cups chopped peeled tart apples
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped green or red grapes
- 4 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1. In a food processor, combine cranberries and orange sections. Cover and process until chopped. Transfer to a bowl; add apples, pineapple, sugar, grapes, orange peel and salt. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Stir in walnuts just before serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 cup: 197 calories, 3g fat (trace saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 149mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (39g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein
Reviews for Fruity Cranberry Relish
"I made this for Thanksgiving for the first time this year. It was definitely a beautiful dish and was a nice complement to the rest of the turkey or as a side. It is a bit on the sweet side, and when I saw how much sugar it called for, I nearly halved it and it was still quite sweet. I do like the sweet and tangy flavor though, so it still gets 4 stars. Definitely let it chill before serving to let the flavors blend."