Fruity Coleslaw Recipe
I RECEIVED this recipe from a friend a long time ago, and it's been a family favorite ever since. The tartness of the slaw and the sweetness of the fruit give it a unique flavor. We like it best served with ham or pork chops. —Margaret Wampler Butler, Pennsylvania
- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple chunks
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 3/4 cup mandarin oranges
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Drain pineapple, reserving 1 tablespoon juice. In a bowl, combine pineapple, cabbage, oranges and carrot; mix well. Combine onion, oil, vinegar, sugar, salt, pepper and reserved pineapple juice; stir into cabbage mixture. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. Yield: 2 servings.
1/2 cup: 227 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 178mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (36g sugars, 4g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Fruity Coleslaw
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC