Kiwi and coconut add tropical flair to this moist, fruity and simply delicious dessert from Nancy Granaman of Burlington, Iowa. It makes a light, refreshing and stunning finale to even the fanciest meal!
- 1 package (16 ounces) angel food cake mix
- 1/2 teaspoon plus 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar, divided
- 3/4 cup cold fat-free milk
- 1 package (1 ounce) sugar-free instant white chocolate pudding mix
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen fat-free whipped topping, thawed
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 2 medium kiwifruit, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons flaked coconut, divided
- 2 tablespoons apricot spreadable fruit
- 1/2 teaspoon hot water
- Line a 15x10x1-in. baking pan with waxed paper; coat the paper with cooking spray and set aside. Prepare cake batter according to package directions. Spread evenly in prepared pan.
- Bake at 350° for 16-20 minutes or until golden brown. Turn cake onto a kitchen towel dusted with 1/2 teaspoon confectioners' sugar. Gently peel off waxed paper. Dust with remaining confectioners' sugar. Roll up cake in the towel jelly-roll style, starting with a short side. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- For filling, in a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Stir in 1 cup whipped topping. Fold in remaining whipped topping; stir in extract.
- Unroll cake; spread with filling to within 1 in. of edges. Arrange kiwi and strawberries over filling. Sprinkle with 1/3 cup coconut. Roll up again. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- Toast the remaining coconut. In a small bowl, whisk spreadable fruit and water until smooth. Drizzle over cake. Sprinkle with toasted coconut. Cut into slices. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Fruity Coconut Cake Roll in Light & Tasty April/May 2006, p63
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Fruity Coconut Cake Roll
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review