Fruity Chocolate Tortilla Cups Recipe
Her south-of-the-border treats are meal-ending favorites, notes Marion Karlin, Waterloo, Iowa. “You'll love the presentation of strawberries, apricots, peaches and plums in chocolate-drizzled tortilla cups.”
- 1 to 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 8 flour tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- 1 pound fresh apricots, halved
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1-1/2 cups halved fresh strawberries
- 3 small plums, sliced
- 2 medium peaches, sliced
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1. Spread butter over one side of each tortilla. Press tortillas, butter side down, into ungreased 8-oz. custard cups. Place on a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 400° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove tortilla cups from custard cups; cool on wire racks.
- 2. In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Drizzle over insides of tortilla cups; refrigerate for 3-4 minutes or until set.
- 3. For filling, in a food processor, combine apricots and honey; process until smooth. In a large bowl, combine the strawberries, plums and peaches; add apricot mixture and gently toss to coat. Spoon 1/2 cup into each tortilla cup.
- 4. In a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar; beat until stiff peaks form. Dollop onto fruit. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving equals 317 calories, 16 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 247 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Fruity Chocolate Tortilla Cups
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC