Fruity Chicken Tossed Salad
Juicy chicken and a medley of sweet fruit jazz up crisp salad greens. Topped with a refreshing poppyseed dressing, this salad tastes too good to be light!
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 12 cups Italian-blend salad greens
- 3 packages (6 ounces each) ready-to-use grilled chicken breast strips
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup seedless red grapes, halved
- 2/3 cup poppy seed salad dressing
- In a large bowl, combine the salad greens, chicken, oranges and
- grapes. Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 2 cups salad with 3 ounces chicken (prepared with fat-free poppy seed dressing) equals 217 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 60 mg cholesterol, 879 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 22 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 fruit.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.