Fruity Chicken Salad with Raspberry Dressing
Bright as a sunny, spring day, this nutritious salad abounds with berries and melon. You'll love the creamy raspberry dressing. —Randy Pruett, Carrollton, Texas
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/4 cup raspberry yogurt
- 2 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 lettuce leaves
- 1/2 pound shredded cooked chicken
- 1/4 medium cantaloupe, cut into thin slices
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/4 cup fresh blueberries
- In a small bowl, whisk the yogurt, mayonnaise and honey. Place
- lettuce on two salad plates; top with chicken and fruit. Drizzle
- with dressing. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 341 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 104 mg cholesterol, 241 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 35 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 2 fruit, 1 fat.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.