Fruity Chicken Salad with Avocado and Cantaloupe Recipe
“I find that both men and women enjoy this version of chicken salad, whether you serve it at lunchtime or for your evening meal,” writes Marina Jines from Enid, Oklahoma.
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup halved green grapes
- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained and halved
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- 6 large slices cantaloupe
- Lettuce leaves
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the chicken, grapes, pineapple and celery. In another bowl, combine the mayonnaise, salt, celery seed and pepper. Stir into chicken mixture. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- 2. Just before serving, stir in pecans. Serve with avocado and cantaloupe slices on lettuce-lined plates. Yield: 2 servings.
1-3/4 cups: 1016 calories, 65g fat (10g saturated fat), 138mg cholesterol, 669mg sodium, 68g carbohydrate (52g sugars, 12g fiber), 47g protein.
Reviews for Fruity Chicken Salad with Avocado and Cantaloupe
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC