“I find that both men and women enjoy this version of chicken salad, whether you serve it at lunchtime or for your evening meal,” writes Marina Jines from Enid, Oklahoma.
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup halved green grapes
- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained and halved
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- 6 large slices cantaloupe
- Lettuce leaves
- In a small bowl, combine the chicken, grapes, pineapple and celery. In another bowl, combine the mayonnaise, salt, celery seed and pepper. Stir into chicken mixture. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Just before serving, stir in pecans. Serve with avocado and cantaloupe slices on lettuce-lined plates. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Summer Chicken Salad in Taste of Home June/July 2006, p59
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Fruity Chicken Salad with Avocado and Cantaloupe
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 23, 2013
"My niece and I both loved this! I served it with the Poppy Seed Muffins from the same issue. It made a great weeknight dinner."