Fruity Chicken Salad with Avocado and Cantaloupe Recipe
“I find that both men and women enjoy this version of chicken salad, whether you serve it at lunchtime or for your evening meal,” writes Marina Jines from Enid, Oklahoma.
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup halved green grapes
- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained and halved
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- 6 large slices cantaloupe
- Lettuce leaves
- In a small bowl, combine the chicken, grapes, pineapple and celery. In another bowl, combine the mayonnaise, salt, celery seed and pepper. Stir into chicken mixture. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Just before serving, stir in pecans. Serve with avocado and cantaloupe slices on lettuce-lined plates. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Summer Chicken Salad in Taste of Home June/July 2006, p59
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Fruity Chicken Salad with Avocado and Cantaloupe(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Salad Recipes >
- Chicken Salads >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Salad Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Fruit Salad Recipes >
- Main Dish Salad Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Pecan Recipes >