Fruity Chicken Salad for Two Recipe
- 1 medium ripe avocado
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, divided
- 2 cups coarsely chopped Boston lettuce
- 1-1/3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 small apple, cut into 3/4-inch chunks
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- Lettuce leaves
- 1. Peel avocado; cut in half lengthwise and remove pit. Slice half of the avocado; brush with half of the lemon juice. Chop the remaining avocado; toss with remaining lemon juice.
- 2. In a large bowl, gently combine the lettuce, chopped avocado, chicken, pineapple, apple, pecans and mayonnaise. Serve on lettuce-lined plates; top with sliced avocado. Yield: 2-3 servings.
1 serving equals 520 calories, 41 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 64 mg cholesterol, 199 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 21 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.