This quick and easy dish features a nice combination of flavors, textures and colors. The recipe is adequate for two, but if you'd like to serve it as a luncheon entree, simply double or triple the ingredients. -Eleanor Loughlin, Southport, North Carolina
- 1 medium ripe avocado
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, divided
- 2 cups coarsely chopped Boston lettuce
- 1-1/3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 small apple, cut into 3/4-inch chunks
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- Lettuce leaves
- Peel avocado; cut in half lengthwise and remove pit. Slice half of the avocado; brush with half of the lemon juice. Chop the remaining avocado; toss with remaining lemon juice.
- In a large bowl, gently combine the lettuce, chopped avocado, chicken, pineapple, apple, pecans and mayonnaise. Serve on lettuce-lined plates; top with sliced avocado. Yield: 2-3 servings.
Originally published as Fruity Chicken Salad in Reminisce March/April 2003, p50
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Fruity Chicken Salad for Two
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review