Fruity Cereal Bars
With dried apple and cranberries, these crispy cereal bars are perfect for snacks or brown-bag lunches. “Store the extras in plastic containers,” Giovanna Kranenberg recommends from Cambridge, Minnesota, “that is, if you have any left!” —Giovanna Kranenberg, Cambridge, Minnesota
20 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 package (10 ounces) large marshmallows
- 6 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apple
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- In a large saucepan, combine butter and marshmallows. Cook and stir
- over medium-low heat until melted. Remove from the heat; stir in the
- cereal, apples and cranberries.
- Pat into a 13-in. x 9-in. pan coated with cooking spray; cool. Cut
- into squares. Yield: 20 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 bar equals 105 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 102 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.