With dried apple and cranberries, these crispy cereal bars are perfect for snacks or brown-bag lunches. “Store the extras in plastic containers,” Giovanna Kranenberg recommends from Cambridge, Minnesota, “that is, if you have any left!” —Giovanna Kranenberg, Cambridge, Minnesota
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 package (10 ounces) large marshmallows
- 6 cups Rice Krispies
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apple
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- In a large saucepan, combine butter and marshmallows. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until melted. Remove from the heat; stir in the cereal, apples and cranberries.
- Pat into a 13x9-in. pan coated with cooking spray; cool. Cut into squares. Yield: 20 servings.
Originally published as Fruity Cereal Bars in Light & Tasty August/September 2006, p30
Reviews for Fruity Cereal Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review