With dried apple and cranberries, these crispy cereal bars are perfect for snacks or brown-bag lunches. “Store the extras in plastic containers,” Giovanna Kranenberg recommends from Cambridge, Minnesota, “that is, if you have any left!” —Giovanna Kranenberg, Cambridge, Minnesota
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 package (10 ounces) large marshmallows
- 6 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apple
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- In a large saucepan, combine butter and marshmallows. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until melted. Remove from the heat; stir in the cereal, apples and cranberries.
- Pat into a 13x9-in. pan coated with cooking spray; cool. Cut into squares. Yield: 20 servings.
Originally published as Fruity Cereal Bars in Light & Tasty August/September 2006, p30
Reviews for Fruity Cereal Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 6, 2010
"They are sooo good and don't need any changes or additions."
Reviewed May. 20, 2008
"Love this simple recipe, all my guests have asked for this recipe"