Fruity Carrot Salad Recipe
I get our kids to eat raw carrots by grating them and mixing them with lots of colorful, naturally sweet fruit. Sometimes I add marshmallows and a creamy dressing to camouflage the carrots.
- 4 medium carrots, grated
- 1 package (10-1/2 ounces) miniature marshmallows
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup halved maraschino cherries
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the carrots, marshmallows, pineapple, raisins, coconut and cherries. In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise and juices. Fold in whipped cream. Pour over carrot mixture and toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1/2 cup: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Fruity Carrot Salad
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC