Fruity Bundt Cake Recipe
"I like this white fruit cake for its color and texture," notes field editor Blanche Whytsell of Arnoldsburg, West Virginia.
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups cake flour, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1-1/2 cups red and green candied cherries
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 to 4 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- Additional candied cherries
- 1. In a bowl, beat cream cheese, butter and sugar until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each. Add vanilla. Combine 2 cups flour and baking powder; gradually beat into batter. Combine pecans, cherries and remaining flour; fold into batter. Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan.
- 2. Bake at 325° for 1 hour or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Combine confectioners' sugar, milk, vanilla and salt; drizzle over cake. Garnish with cherries. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 piece: 458 calories, 23g fat (11g saturated fat), 100mg cholesterol, 234mg sodium, 59g carbohydrate (40g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein .
Reviews for Fruity Bundt Cake
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC