In Laverne, Oklahoma, Nancy Johnson starts with a basic brownie mix to create this luscious treat that's sure to impress company. "Sometimes I add mandarin oranges for even more color," Nancy notes.
- 1 package fudge brownie mix (8-inch square pan size)
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup pineapple tidbits with juice
- 1 small firm banana, sliced
- 1 medium kiwifruit, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 ounce semisweet chocolate
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Prepare brownie batter according to package directions. Spread onto a greased 12-in. pizza pan. Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Spread over brownie crust. Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Toss banana slices with juice; drain well. Arrange the banana, kiwi, strawberries and pineapple over cream cheese layer; sprinkle with pecans.
- In a small microwave, melt chocolate and butter; stir until smooth. Drizzle over fruit. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Originally published as Fruity Brownie Pizza in Quick Cooking March/April 1999, p14
Reviews for Fruity Brownie Pizza
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 9, 2010
"I have made this recipe for several functions and it is a HUGE crowd pleaser. One of my personal all time favorite desserts!!"
Reviewed Jun. 29, 2010
"I have been asked to make this recipe repeatedly for office celebrations. It's always a hit."