Fruity Blueberry Muffins Recipe
"These berry-packed muffins are so sweet and fruity, my husband and two young daughters just love them," shares Teresa Christensen of Osceola, Wisconsin.
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1. In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until crumbly, about 2 minutes. Add egg; beat well. Combine milk and water. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk mixture. Fold in blueberries.
- 2. Coat muffin cups with cooking spray or use paper liners; fill three-fourths full with batter. Bake at 350° for 27-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool in pans for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 muffin equals 191 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 26 mg cholesterol, 283 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1/2 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC