- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup chopped peeled tart apple
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh or frozen peaches
- 1/3 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- Additional fat-free milk, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine oats, brown sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Combine eggs, milk and butter; add to the dry ingredients. Stir in apple, peaches and blueberries.
- Pour into an 8-in.-square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near center comes out clean. Cut into squares. Serve with milk if desired. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews for Fruity Baked Oatmeal
Sort By :
"Oatmeal never tasted so good. I will make this often."
"This simply baked oatmeal is perfect to take to someone after a hospital visit or a new baby. Great as a nutritious breakfast or served topped with ice cream. Can be prepared ahead a time and reheated in individual sizes. Have used frozen blue berries, raspberries and strawberries. All very good."
"This is delicious! I made the recipe as is except for adding a little larger quantity of fruit, I didn't measure it just guesstimated. I will certainly be making this again and my husband is going to love it soaked in milk!"
"This has become such a favorite in our house!I just go ahead and chop up a whole apple, usually a granny smith, add a whole can of peaches with the juice to give it a good sweet flavor, and add in any kind of berries, but blueberries are a favorite, and I usually put more than 1/3 cup in."
"I fixed this delicious oatmeal this morning and declare it a hands down winner. I followed the recipe exactly and it was absolutely delicious. We will have this again and again. Here is a link to my review and photos: http://community.tasteofhome.com/community_forums/f/30/p/887463/7670855.aspx#7670855"