“This is my husband’s favorite breakfast treat and the ultimate comfort food,” writes Karen Schroeder from Kankakee, Illinois. “It’s warm, filling and always a hit when I serve it to guests.”
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup chopped peeled tart apple
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh or frozen peaches
- 1/3 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- Additional fat-free milk, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine oats, brown sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Combine eggs, milk and butter; add to the dry ingredients. Stir in apple, peaches and blueberries.
- Pour into an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near center comes out clean. Cut into squares. Serve with milk if desired. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Fruity Baked Oatmeal in Simple & Delicious January/February 2007, p47
Reviews for Fruity Baked Oatmeal
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review