- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup chopped peeled tart apple
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh or frozen peaches
- 1/3 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- Additional fat-free milk, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine oats, brown sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Combine eggs, milk and butter; add to the dry ingredients. Stir in apple, peaches and blueberries.
- Pour into an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cut into squares. Serve with milk if desired. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews for Fruity Baked Oatmeal
"Made this morning and followed recipe to the letter. Delicious! It definitely lives up to the rave reviews. I also agree this would be a good dessert, topped with a dab of whipped cream. I might cut down on the brown sugar a bit next time and doubt it would be noticeable."
"My oatmeal hating boys really enjoy this. We use different fruits in this all the time. Whatever is in season or that we have on hand. Like others have mentioned we tend to use more fruit than what is called for in the recipe."
"good one to prepare. Nice dish"
"I tried this when a friend made it. She told me she got the recipe from TOH, so I made it myself. Love it!"
"Yummy! We are now fans of baked oatmeal. I used honey instead of brown sugar."
"Yum! Made this for the first time on Christmas morning. It is very good and filling, and I will be making it often. I left out the peaches and substituted more frozen mixed berries along with the apples, but otherwise followed the recipe and it came out perfectly. My daughter suggested serving it with whipped cream as a dessert!"
"Made extra and put some in the freezer. Great to pull out for a special breakfast"
"Omg this was sooooo good and delicious and yummy and filling!! We just finished eating one helping with no room for seconds. I followed instructions exactly, except I used canned peaches and about 2 tablespoons of the juice to the wet ingredients, along with a tablespoon of vanilla. When it was done,I poured a bit of milk over my piece. Can't wait to make again with other fruits. Except apple, gotta have an apple!"
"I would love to make this and I am but I had a question for ya'll....is it possible to prepare the night before, refrigerate then cook the very next morning? Will it still taste okay? Will it effect the end results if it sits overnight? (ie: texture, taste, etc.)Thank you!!"
"Oatmeal never tasted so good. I will make this often."