Fruity Apple Salad Recipe
Green and red apples add a nice crunch to this pretty medley of blueberries, grapes, pineapple and mandarin oranges. The colorful salad is dressed in a refreshing lemon sauce.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 20 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 1 large green apple, chopped
- 1 medium red apple, chopped
- 1/2 cup seedless red grapes, halved
- 1/2 cup green grapes, halved
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 3/4 cup mandarin oranges
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 1. In a serving bowl, combine the apples, grapes, pineapple, blueberries and oranges. In a small bowl, combine the sugar, lemon juice and water; stir until sugar is dissolved. Pour over fruit and toss gently. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 6 servings.
One serving (3/4 cup) equals 109 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 2 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fruit.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC