Fruity Apple Salad Recipe
- 1 large green apple, chopped
- 1 medium red apple, chopped
- 1/2 cup seedless red grapes, halved
- 1/2 cup green grapes, halved
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 3/4 cup mandarin oranges
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 1. In a serving bowl, combine the apples, grapes, pineapple, blueberries and oranges. In a small bowl, combine the sugar, lemon juice and water; stir until sugar is dissolved. Pour over fruit and toss gently. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 6 servings.
3/4 cup: 109 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 2mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fruit.
Reviews for Fruity Apple Salad
"This salad is simply delicious! I didn't put the blackberries in. It is a wonderfully light salad. Any combination of fruits would be good. I WILL MAKE IT AGAIN."