Fruity Angel Food Trifle Recipe
This summery dessert showcases an attractive assortment of fresh and canned fruit. "I refined the original recipe over time to suit our family's tastes," explains Louise Bouvier of Lafleche, Saskatchewan.
- 4 cups cold milk
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 prepared angel food cake (8 to 10 ounces)
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) sliced pears, drained
- 1 pint strawberries, sliced
- 4 kiwifruit, peeled, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries, thawed
- 1. In a large bowl, beat milk and pudding mix on low speed for 2 minutes; set aside.
- 2. Split cake horizontally into thirds. Place one layer in a 5-qt. trifle or serving bowl that is 9 in. in diameter. Top with a third of the pudding, whipped topping and fruit. Repeat layers twice. Cover and chill for at least 3 hours. Yield: 16-20 servings.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC