Fruity Acorn Squash Recipe
Here's an out-of-the-ordinary side dish that really perks up a fall menu.
- 1 small acorn squash (about 1-1/4 pounds)
- 1 mediumt tart apple, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1. Cut acorn squash in half lengthwise; remove and discard seeds and membranes. Place squash cut side down in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. microwave-safe dish. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 4-6 minutes or until almost tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the apple, celery, raisins, brown sugar and pumpkin pie spice. Turn squash over; fill centers with apple mixture. Cover and microwave 3-4 minutes longer or until squash and apple filling are tender. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 201 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 25 mg sodium, 52 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC